Click on any of the following links to view self-guided Kansas Road/Day Trips in Northwest Kansas.
Fort to Fort Road Trip
- Travel from Fort Hays in Ellis County north through Rooks, Phillips & Smith counties
Land & Sky Scenic Byway
- Travel Kansas’ newest scenic byway in the NW corner through Wallace, Sherman & Cheyenne counties
Post Rock Scenic Byway
- Travel at the eastern portion of NW Kansas from Wilson Lake/State Park to the Grassroots Art Capital of Kansas (Lucas)
Smoky Valley to Prairie Dog Creek
- From Cedar Bluff State Park in the south to Prairie Dog State Park in the north, this road trip covers beautiful Kansas scenery in the central part of NW Kansas, plus several historic sites.
Western Vistas Historic Byway & Colby
- This historic byway covers the SW section of NW Kansas along Highway 40, as well as some of the most unique rock formations in the country at Monument Rocks on Highway 83.