Click on any of the following links to view self-guided Kansas Road/Day Trips in Northwest Kansas.
Fort to Fort Road Trip
- Travel from Fort Hays in Ellis County north through Rooks, Phillips & Smith counties
Land & Sky Scenic Byway
- Travel Kansas’ newest scenic byway in the NW corner through Wallace, Sherman & Cheyenne counties
Post Rock Scenic Byway
- Travel at the eastern portion of NW Kansas from Wilson Lake/State Park to the Grassroots Art Capital of Kansas (Lucas)
Smoky Valley Scenic Byway
- From Cedar Bluff State Park to the “Christmas City,” this road trip covers beautiful Kansas scenery in the central part of NW Kansas, plus several historic sites.
Western Vistas Historic Byway
- This historic byway covers the SW section of NW Kansas along Highway 40, as well as some of the most unique rock formations in the country at Monument Rocks on Highway 83.
Three Rivers Tour & Colby
- The Smoky Hill, Prairie Dog, and Sappa Creek rivers provide the backdrop for this tour from Highway 36, south along US Highway 283 and along Interstate 70, including stops at Colby, Nicodemus, and other towns on Highway 24.
- Be 18 once again as you take this tour along Kansas Highway 18 from Wilson State Park, and traveling through 5 counties to Bogue.
Brews, Wine & Sodas Tour
- Take a tour that includes two micro breweries, a winery, coffee roasters, and a few soda fountains.